If you would like to send me a gift, just send me a message from the Contact Page with, “Birthday” or “Christmas Gift” at the top. Ask for my mailing address, and I will reply back with it. If you like you can send an item from the list below to that address.
You can also send me gift cards (especially Amazon, NewEgg and Olive Garden) or money, which will be much appreciated, and used to get myself a nice gaming keyboard or mouse, as well as some things that I need.
Even if all you send me is your well wishes for my birthday and Christmas, I appreciate them, each and every one of them, especially this year, when things are so hard for me. Please accept my well wishes for you and your loves ones in return.
Thank you –
My Birthday/Christmas Wish List (Updated December 10th)
1. Horse Hair or Badger Hair (prefer Horse Hair as the animal is not harmed) shaving brush with holder.
2. A pen with a light in the tip (not shining through the shaft.)
– Bicycling The Pacific Coast
I will need this for when I bicycle down to California next year.
– The Power of Imagination (The Neville Goddard Treasury) by Neville
I really, really, really want this book!
– Any Zen haiku/poetry (Ryokan, Issa, Rumi, David Budbill)
– Dreaming Yourself Awake by B Alan Wallace
– Lucid Dreaming Plain and Simple by Robert Waggoner and Caroline McCready
There are so many good exercises in this!
4. Bookbinding kit with real bone bone folder.
5. Desktop zen garden or fountain.
6. Starbuck’s Gift/Reload card
7. Some sort of electronics or mechanics kit that teaches the basics of electronics, mechanics or both.
Listed in order of preference with no expectation whatsoever.
My Dream List
In an effort to find even the tiniest spark of Christmas Spirit, I thought I would add this section to my Birthday and Christmas wishlist. This part will be as I would have written it when I was a little boy, writing a letter to Santa.
I don’t recall ever doing that, and I while I do not believe in Santa, I do not disbelieve in him either. In fact I think the world would be a far more happy and magical place with jolly old saint nick in it. So if nothing else, I hope he exists.
In the spirit of asking for things without worrying about costs or practicality, I present my dream list. These are things I deeply and truly desire. If even one of these requests were granted, it would be like a miracle for me. Not because it is too much to ask, but because it is more than I believed I would ever receive.
One more thing… You may notice an odd assortment of items on my list. You may question why a soon-to-be 40 year old man still writes a Birthday Christmas list. Part of the joy in the experience for me is when someone gives me a list, and I am able to get the items they have asked for, or help to get them.
But another part of the joy for me is when someone has taken the time to hunt down something for which I have asked. For me that is the biggest part of the gift. The effort, energy and time taken on my behalf. I do not know why that is, but it is important to me, and it does matter to me.
It matters that I make this effort for others, and that they make this effort for me. This is part of the magic of Christmas, and Santa is the personification of that magic. To care about someone just enough to make the effort and take the time to find then give them something for which they have asked.
Here then, if I could ask for anything in the world, are the things for which I would ask:
1. A date with a beautiful woman sometime before my birthday this year. Someone who is the right person for me at this time in my life, and for whom I am the right person at this time in hers. Someone who shares common interests with me, including such things as esoteric and spiritual subjects, playing video games, building or creating things, reading books and poetry, traveling. Someone hard working, intelligent, kind and patient. It would be really nice if she had long, naturally red hair. It would also be nice if she was free of any institutionalized or organized religion.
2. A 5 – 7 day stay for my parents, myself and my brother (if he wants to come) plus any guests we may have this December in Leavenworth, Washington. All expenses paid, luxury accommodations with hot tub and all meals provided. It would be nice to have chiropractic and massage services as a bonus primarily for my parents, although I may also wish to use them.
3. A breakthrough in my efforts to consciously, with full awareness, astral project and lucid dream. Success in entering, being inside of and leaving these states, remembering everything and recording it upon return to the physical or waking. Success in being able to consistently, easily and regularly enter these states from that point on. Success in my lucid dreaming goals, and later, my astral projection goals as I set them.
4. A 60” or larger 1080p LCD TV suitable for gaming (high refresh rate) and as a computer monitor, plus a PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360, with all the trimmings (4 controllers each, Motion N Joy etc.), the latest racing, RPG and FPS games including any Halo games released on the Xbox systems, and the best editions of these games (collector’s, limited, etc.)
5. A few good friends, true friends, with whom I could sit down and share this TV, these consoles and these games. People it would be fun to hang out with and play these games. People who would enjoy hanging out and playing games with me. People who, when the game playing is done, would enjoy talking about our shared interests in a variety of esoteric and spiritual subjects. People who could teach me things, like how to program or level design, and who I could teach things, if I had anything of interest or value to share with them.
Again listed in order of preference with no expectation whatsoever.